During the COVID-19 pandemic, our clinic will be implementing enhanced measures to help mitigate the risks of transmission in order to protect the health of our patients and staff. Your physiotherapist will advise you if your treatment plan can be safely and effectively carried out through telehealth. In the event that you and your physiotherapist determine that the benefits of an in-person session outweigh the risks, appointments at the clinic can be scheduled. The following is a list of procedures that patients can expect when attending an in-person assessment or treatment at Live Well Physiotherapy:
1) Access to the clinic will be restricted to staff members and patients. Please do not bring anyone else to your appointment unless the patient is a minor that requires a chaperone or if the patient requires another person for assistance.
2) Please only bring in items that you will need during your appointment. All other personal belongings should be left at home or in your car. Online payments will continue to be available.
3) Please arrive 5 minutes early for your appointment and respect physical distancing within our waiting room and treatment area.
4) If you are sick, please call to reschedule your appointment.
5) Please sanitize your hands upon entry to the clinic. We have many hand sanitizing stations set up around the clinic.
6) Our staff will be wearing medical grade masks. We ask that you bring your own cloth or disposable mask for use during your appointment. Don't worry if you forget...we have plenty!
7) Enhanced cleaning protocols have been put in place to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and other viruses. We use a disinfectant with a drug identification number (DIN) that has been approved by Health Canada to kill COVID-19. Our clinic disinfects all patient contact items between each patient use. Other areas of the clinic are cleaned on a schedule that adheres to the recommendations of the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control.
These measures have been implemented for the safety of our patients and staff. Your patience is greatly appreciated while we work diligently to give you effective treatment in a safe environment.
To request a more detailed copy of our COVID-19 Safety Plan and/or the Policies and Procedures of Live Well Physiotherapy, please contact our office by phone: 250-833-0050 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The above policies and procedures are subject to change as we follow the evolving guidelines of our regulatory body and health officials of the Government of British Columbia.